Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

The AC drain line is clogged on a 2007 Tundra JA: Many things

Customer Question

The AC drain line is clogged on a 2007 Tundra
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I said the drain line is clogged
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing I want to know where the is located.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Can you tell me?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Tundra.Is the Tundra with you now?Have you already tried to find it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not tried looking for it yet is there an easy way to unclog the line?
Is there a point of accord that I can you use to put vinegar down the line?
Is there a point of accord that I can you use to put vinegar down the line?Unfortunately no.Is there an easy way to unclog the line?Yes, but it's not easy. This is one of those wired things that Toyota does every once in awhile a their vehicles. The a/c drain is square in shape and located just above the transmission housing.Most vehicles have the evaporator a/c box and then has a drain hose that leads off that through the firewall but not on the 2007+ Tundra. They put it as part of the box itself and directly at the bottom. That drains water right on the top of the transmission bell housing.If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But how can I access the evaporator box and can I just pour vinegar in the box to clear the line ???
The way we clear the line at the Dealer in to take a Long Air Nozzle like this and blow up into the box to clear it. You can try and spray some vinegar from the bottom through a hose but don't try to pour it into the box. I know this doesn't sound easy and I too wish Toyota didn't make the Tundra this hard.