Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech

2012 carmry hybrid with a p3191 code engine runs rough or not

Customer Question

2012 carmry hybrid with a p3191 code engine runs rough or not at all
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: was running fine yesterday this morning when the engine turns on it runs for a few seconds and turns off and we get an error and check engine light and check hybrid system
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its easy
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the car?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has 51000
Expert:  Fixitman replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. That code means that there is something wrong causing the engine to not be able to run. It can be anything from a fuel system problem to a bad sensor. Even a bad engine. With this few miles the most common cause I have found is the air intake tube from the air filter to the engine. This fails internally and restricts the flow of air into the engine. If that is fine then the fuel pressure needs to be checked. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?