mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Camry XLE: The maintenance log recommends replacing the timing

Customer Question

The maintenance log recommends replacing the timing belt for a Camry with 1MZ-FE at 90K. I have a 2002 XKE. What is 1MZ-FE mean? Should I replace the timing belt on this V-6?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
1mz-fe is the engine model number it is toyota's v-6 if you are at 90k i would recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump. since a new timing belt will change the tension on the old water pump and it is likely to go out shortly after changing the belt. and you would have to remove the belt again to change the water pump so you might as well change it while you are in there. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.
just a friendly reminder that if you have a moment to leave me a rating it would be appreciated as this is how we are given credit for our efforts from the site.