Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I'm getting code C1223. JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

I'm getting code C1223.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The VSC and TRAC lights are on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'd like to. If it is at all possible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: My car is actually a Scion XB, 2004.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Xb.Is this the only code you are getting with the code reader?Was the vehicle in an accident?Have you made any repair attempts to this vehicle yet?