Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Toyota Hilux 4x4: there. I put 10 litres of petrol in a

Customer Question

Hi there. I put 10 litres of petrol in a tank holding 75 litres. The balance is diesel. It is a diesel vehicle. Will they blend enough to be ok?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You do not want to have the petrol in the tank. You need to drain the tank and put fresh diesel in the tank., Also, replace the fuel filter if you have started it. Petrol and diesel do not mix; this will cause you very big problems. Do not try to run the fuel out; the recommendation here is to have the contaminated diesel fuel drained and disposed of.
Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.