Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I'm trying to remove the front bumper on a 2002 prius, but

Customer Question

I'm trying to remove the front bumper on a 2002 prius, but it appears to have a screw up high just under the light that I can't see how to release.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The "screw" is on the left side just below the curve where the bumper joins and does not release. There is a "pin" just above it that will move.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the visible clips and bolts, have searched the internet and have tried pulling in several different way, which only seems to bend the contact point. I have tried to see how to release the joint, all to no effect.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you are not able to access the screw under the lamp assembly you may want to consider removing the lamp which should give you the clearance you need. I have enclosed the lamp removal steps in the link below. See if this will help you access this screw. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.