mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Backed into post and broke rear taillight JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Backed into post and broke rear taillight
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Broken passenger rear taillight needs to be replaced. Looking for detail steps to remove/replace the assembly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Popped rear panel and looked for nuts/bolts. Looks like need to remove molding strips just to get to mounting bolts
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: My Haynes manual was no help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
what year and model toyota do you have?