tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

I am trying to determine the estimated cost of replacing a

Customer Question

I am trying to determine the estimated cost of replacing a broken engine mount on my 2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl. automatic.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car "clunks" when I put the car in "drive" after backing out of the garage. Then it it will clunk when it changes gears while driving or when accelerating from a stop.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: The engine mount is the most critical at the moment. I'd like to find out an estimated cost to get it replaced.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.it depends on which mount is being replaced,,i will give you a list and the times it takes to replace it..most shops charge around $80 per hour.worst case would be around $400+/- parts and laborthanksParts InformationOEM Part #PriceEngine MountMountFrontManual Trans1236174241$231.73Auto TransJapan Built1236174450$162.83USA Built1236103060$218.34SideLeftManual Trans1237274370$138.09Auto TransWithout Convertible1237203080$138.09With Convertible1237274670$112.23RearManual Trans1237174301$256.15Auto TransWithout Convertible1237174530$120.93With Convertible1237174620$181.42CenterManual Trans1236303080$63.10Auto TransWithout Convertible1236374130$63.10With Convertible1236374170$104.38Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandardReplace FrontB 0.5 - 0.7 hoursReplace RearB-0.0 - 2.0 hoursReplace Torque ArmB 0.0 - 0.5 hours
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.