Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

Power windows and power locks do not work suspect fuse. unable

Customer Question

Power windows and power locks do not work suspect fuse. unable to find the P/W fuse
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car is a 1995 Camry LE power windows don't work.I cannot find fuse for power window as shown in owners manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if it is just a fuse.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the daughters car, she took the window control switch out of the driver door. I just wanted to try to troubleshoot to possably find the problem.I figured I would ck the fuses first. unable to find. manual shows fuse is located behind change drawer on instrument panel. number 34 off to side of fuseblock.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: only that none of the windows work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****.Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..The power windows and door lock relays are actually powered by the gauges fuse, (10 amp) in the fuse box on the left side instrument panel. You will also want to check the 30 amp power fuse in the fuse box under the hood..I have attached a wiring diagram along with the fuse boxes. Thanks..There are some tests that can be done on it also. Just let me know if you may need them..Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,