Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My truck was driving fine a few days ago. Then, yesterday,

Customer Question

My truck was driving fine a few days ago. Then, yesterday, I opened it and nothing worked. No power. At all. So I replaced the battery. Truck did have power after replacing battery. (I saw the door ajar indicator lit when I got in.) But when I turned key, I got a single click, then no power again.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: My truck was driving fine a few days ago. Then, yesterday, I opened it and nothing worked. No power. At all. So I replaced the battery. Truck did have power after replacing battery. (I saw the door ajar indicator lit when I got in.) But when I turned key, I got a single click, then no power again.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Check the battery cable connections at the battery as well as to where these cables run and connect to for any issues with loose or corroded connections needing cleaned and tightened to correct this fault here.I have seen loose and corroded cables cause this type of fault here needing corrected to resolve this issue.I would start with this to see if any faults are found.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete