Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have VSC trouble on. multiple lights on the dash and a high

Customer Question

I have VSC trouble on. multiple lights on the dash and a high pitched sound came on and the brakes failed. moments later the sound went off and the brakes started working again. All the lights and VSC remains. I got home and now have trouble getting my car started. ALl trouble lights remain. I have read that the repair is anywhere from 2500-3500 from the dealer. I have a 2007 camry hybrid. Any help
JA: If your brakes make any unusual sounds, it's good to look into it right away. Luckily, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with brake issues. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: mine is and ABS brake problem
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I can get the entire pump assymbly for about 500 with a year warranty. It looks easy to replace. It is located in a very convenient place. I was just worried about having to bleed my brakes. But there is a bleeder valve at the top
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: nothing else
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I swap out the entire pump assymbly, can I bleed it from the bleeder valve on top of the pump and how do I do that?? it opnly had 3 screws holding the entire pump in place. it looks simple.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the pump needs replaced it has to be purged of air and bled with an automated bleed procedure using a compatible scan tool or dealers scan tool then a manual brake bleed done from there.The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then from there the codes are diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model.A dealer or repair center that works on this model here can read out these codes and diagnose them for you.I do suggest having this done first as this may be a simple sensor replacement needed and may not need a pump assembly. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete