Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When I run the AC it kills the battery to just below the level

Customer Question

When I run the AC it kills the battery to just below the level needed for starting. I then have to jump it off but it starts almost immediately after being connected to another vehicle's battery. I just had the alternator and battery tested yesterday and the
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I just had batt and alt tested yesterday and both ere fine. I was wondering if it could be a relay perhaps?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, engine?Do you own a digital volt ohm meter so we can diagnose this?