Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Toyota Pickup: Toyota 1997. Touched a button on the dash and

Customer Question

Toyota 1997. Touched a button on the dash and it stalled my truck! Now it won't t run right. What can I do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
what button did you press? can you take a picture and upload it here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Picture won't load, but it is a rectangular button (switch?) On the left hand side if the steering column - on the dash board
do you have 4wd i cant see what is written on the switch what happens when you turn the ignition to on do all your dash lights light up?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is***** but it isn't a button for that. Can't read it, but my husband says it's something like a starter button that you can push and not have to be in the truck
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.
Hello, that button is the clutch over ride start switch, its purpose is to let you start the engine without pushing the clutch in, that's all. Don't really know how that can affect the engine from running right or stalling, maybe a little more information would be helpful.You said "it won't run right" can you be more specific and tell me exactly what it's doing, how is it running and does it start up and run at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's starts, but it runs like it isn't getting enough fuel and will die