Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My battery is dead so while getting a jump off my smart key

Customer Question

My battery is dead so while getting a jump off my smart key is inside and locks all doors
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Actually my doors are lock while my remote is inside the door was unlock but while getting a jump off it locks the doors
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 xle push start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Are you saying the remote/key is locked inside the vehicle and you cannot access it? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes that's what I'm saying
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,unfortunately when this occurs like this here a AAA or two company or lock smith usually has to come out and use their tools to unlock the doors to then gain access to the key/remote.Some models do lock the doors when battery voltage is introduced like with a jump start or battery reconnect.The only other option I see here is to see if a dealer can obtain a new key/remote to then unlock the doors to gain access into the vehicle.I apologize and wish I had better news on this here for you. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete