Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Tundra: my alarm is going crazy and my only remote keychain

Customer Question

my alarm is going crazy and my only remote keychain is not working , I just put in a fresh battery, what to do? My nearest Toyota Dealership is 80 miles away.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Unfortunately usually the only way to disable this alarm is with a remote on this model here.You may need to obtain a working one from a dealer and have it programmed.One thing you can try here is to lock and unlock the doors with the key blade in the drivers door and if this does not work try pushing lock and unlock on the interior power lock buttons (if equipped) to see if this then disables the alarm for proper operation.If this does not work a new remote will be needed to disable the alarm from turning on unfortunately. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete