Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I turn the key to start myCorolla but nothing happens. I was

Customer Question

I turn the key to start myCorolla but nothing happens. I was in the fuse box yesterday to check a fuse for the windshield washers. My battery is fully charged, my car is in park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My radio and interior lights work. I checked the starting system fuse and it is good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have an appointment with my Toyota dealer to fix my windshield washers for this afternoon
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the battery and is is fully charged. I made sure my car was in park. I checked the main starting system fuse and it is good.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Do you hear any clicking noises under hood or inside the vehicle when you try and start it at all? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No clicking noises. It is like a safety switch is locking me out
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Did you make sure you reinstalled all fuses that were tampered with into their correct locations?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Have you tried to lock and unlock the doors with the remote or key blade then see if it starts then at all?