chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Left front signal out on 2012 tacoma base w/out LED. Bulb is

Customer Question

Left front signal out on 2012 tacoma base w/out LED. Bulb is good. Interior blinker indicator flashes rapidly and so does left tail light signal (no LEDs). What's the problem? And where can I locate problem to resolve?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Toyota techs here.A fast flashing turn signal is typically due to a burnt out bulb. You say the left front bulb is good. How do you know it is good? I'm not trying to 2nd guess you, but I need know what you have already done in order to pin point the problem.Here is the wiring diagram for your Tacoma:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Bc when I arm my alarm,that very bulb flashes.

Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
OK that bulb is a dual filament meaning it is essentially 2 bulbs in 1. It is likely that the turn signal filament is burnt, but the other filament is good which is why it still works when you hit the alarm button. The part number is ***** I would suggest replacing the bulb as it is so cheap (less than $5) and is easy to do.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
I wanted to follow up to see how you made out. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. If not, please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating as this will tell other customers that I give good service.ThanksChris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris