Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Prius: ... my 05 prius will not come on. It has good battery,

Customer Question

Hi ... my 05 prius will not come on.
It has good battery, 12 5v. I know I blew a fuse but check all fuse including replacing main fuse under the hood but no luck . Do I need to think of the ecm and how will I know the ecm is bad
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My coolant pump inverter on the left front was the initial problem.. don't seems to have power so I was using a power probe but I think I left the engine tuning, then the engine went out. And wont start anymore.
The light on the dash will come on for 2 sec and all go off immediately
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Basically I want to know what's fuse or component is given power supply to the ignition. Because when you push it wanted to light up the dash but went right off. Without brake if you push star the screen monitor comes on so I have access to access, Navigation, radio works etc
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This fault here may be due to an issue with the electronic ignition switch itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set (using a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model) this needs done.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This will help locate the issue and resolve it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete