Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2008 tundra cranks but won't start it has done this a couple

Customer Question

2008 tundra cranks but won't start it has done this a couple times before and after a while it has always started
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This has happened before each time it happened the oil was low and after I put in oil it started right up. But right now I'm not low on oil
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want it to start so I can get back to work. I have a mechanic friend that can look at it
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure (41 to 42 PSI) . In order to determine why it will not start you are going to need to check each one of these things and determine which one you are lacking. Once you know which on post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.