Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I changed tran filter fluid car still shutters and won't shift

Customer Question

I changed tran filter fluid car still shutters and won't shift 07 scion tc 180,000.miles
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car just shutters like it wants to go but its like something holds it wont shift threw the gears.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trans filter fluid replaced
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 months ago.
Are you 100% certain that got the proper fluid level in the proper type of fluid in the transmission? Was the problem occurring prior to doing the transmission flush/fluid change and fill the screen? Does it go in reverse normally? If you manually shift it to low then shifted up through the different gear selections does it shift any better?