Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My 2013 Sienna won't start. I get a lock light and engine

Customer Question

My 2013 Sienna won't start. I get a lock light and engine light and other lights
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What should I do
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I am in car with 4 kids
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Starting it as normal
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I think it is locked somehow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing sounds like you key may have lost programming , if in fact that is the case then the first thing you need to do is to try using your spare key and see if it will allow the car to start. If neither key will work then the system will need to be scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting and those would need to be addressed from there. If you have to have it scanned , post back with the results and we can work from there,