Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I'm johnny Delgadillo I'm trying to find the evap canister

Customer Question

Hi I'm johnny Delgadillo I'm trying to find the evap canister purge solenoid valve on my 2005toyota corolla
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: OK the car stalled last night so I put the code tester an got p1441&p1455
JA: Huh?
Customer: Yea so diagnosing the first code said the purge solenoid valve and then I will diagnose the next code
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: It only stalled out last night for the first time on a flat road
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes we are very poor and on my disability from the union I was badly injured
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the battery connections the charge the air filter and ran the code test
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Its been running fine till this except for a slight ticking because the oil is low I was going to oil change today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My email is***@******.*** I misspelled it at first
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
***@******.*** I am very bad at typing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(###) ###-####my phone numb for txt
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(###) ###-####phone number for txt
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.
hello, thanks for posting Look under the hood near the air filter you will see a hose about 1/2" diameter coming off the filter, there is a green valve attached to the hose, just in front in the same hose is the purge VSV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK thank you very much sir
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rated 5 stars
You're welcome, good luck.