Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

2006 sienna door beeps when in drive JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

2006 sienna door beeps when in drive
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It only beeps when in drive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 months ago.
Do you have the power sliding door option? Do the power sliding doors work normally? Are there any the door ajar lights on in the instrument panel or any overhead illumination lights indicating the door is still slightly open?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Checking now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you turn off the power doors?
Yes there should be an override switch to the left of the steering column on the instrument panel. There may be one or two switches depending on whether you have two power doors or one power door. The reason why the instrument panel is beeping is because one of the doors is not latched properly. These are notorious to slightly stick open and have problems with the last cells. Double check the sliding doors in the latches let me know how goes.
Just checking back to see how you made out with the power sliding doors working and the beeping when you put it in drive. Did the noise go away once you secured the doors?