Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

My moonroof is tilted up and I cannot get it to close I accidently

Customer Question

My moonroof is tilted up and I cannot get it to close I accidently hit the switch and it made a clicking sound and stayed in the tilted up position is there any way to manually close it?
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It is a 2004 camry LE 2.4 4 door
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No I just want to shut the moonroof until I can decide what I am going to do with the overall repair
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thanks for posting Have you tired disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes to see if it will reset?