Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I can't get my key to turn & the steering wheel won't budge

Customer Question

JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can't turn my key, turn my steering wheel or even get it out of park. I cleaned the car yesterday & turned the steering wheel without the key in the ignition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes! I need to leave with my car!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: To turn the key!0
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No I need to start my car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi im kevin it sounds like the steering lock is on tight if you can you need to mabye get someone else to try and rock steering wheel from side to side whilst trying to turn key at the same time .it may take some forse to turn wheel