Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

86 Celica Gt Coupe, I have replaced the standard bulb ,( Brake,

Customer Question

86 Celica Gt Coupe, I have replaced the standard bulb ,( Brake, etc... because the 30 year old plastic's in the back cant manage the heat and are melting. So know the headache is the constant bulb light on the dash. The bulbs we suppose to be a bus bulb tricking the "Lamp Sensor" but the sensor still think the sockets have a bulb out. I don't want to add a ohms resistor to bulb. the Led's were suppose to have a built in ohms resistor. So long and shot of it. The local Toyota , mechanic reassured me if I unplugged the Lamp Sensor, the break lights would stay on. Wrong !!!! Was barely able to get my hand between the area I had to unplug the Sensor. It dropped into the side compartment. So now I have to rip out the entire backseat and take the side panel out. So here is the question. Now that I'll have free access to the Sensor( Who was the Idiot to placed the unit there ???) I just want to know the exact wire bypass to the existing plug to keep the Brake lights on and without the sensor I know the dash light will not show a burnt out bulb. Online I have seen a few conversation on greenwire with a white stripe, etc.. but I want the exact wires for my car so I don't blow out any fuses, etc... Cell(###) ###-####Name Nino
Category: Toyota
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 10 months ago.
Hello im chris and i can help you
let me know when you are on
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm on did you see my original question ??
I did
If I remember correctly theres a light module on the left side inside the trunk behind the trunk lining. That module is bad. If i remember correctly most of them are yellow
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
after I tear out by seat , etc.. get to the fallen Lamp Sensor, and have clear access to the socket connector. What lines can I connect directly to get the lights back on and not have the indicator light up on the dash?In original question , I let you know its not in the trunk, ( I wish) .
i would advise to replace the indicator not try to bypass it.
let me get a wiring diagram
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no use for the Indicator. If you read my question and problem. You would know the Indicator is and was working fine. I don't have time to txt. back and forth. Apparently you didn't read all my question and info. . Please don't waste my time and yours. You didn't know that the Sensor, was not located in the trunk. Do you or not know the wiring ans. to my question? If not then please refund my funds. And thank you for your effort.
Im going to opt out and let someone else help you.
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** going to try to help. After looking at the wiring diagram, I believe I can suggest which wires to short in order to bypass the light failure sensor, but I want to make sure that you are only wanting to bypass this for the brake lights and not for the other lights connected to this sensor. Is this the case?
If you do in fact need to bypass only the brake light portion of the sensors, then you will short together the light green wire with red tracer and the green wire with red tracer. This will affect both the corner brake lights and the 3rd brake light. This process will still leave the tail lights subject to the sensor's judgement. If you would also like to bypass the tail lights, you will need to short the solid light green and solid green wires from the sensor. I hope this info helps!
Hi, this is Josh checking in about your issue. If you were pleased with my service, please do not forget to leave a positive rating! The ratings system is the only way we are graded (or paid!) for our time as professionals so please take a moment to do this. Thanks!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Joshua are you avail. ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
To avoid back and for txt. Please feel free to leave me your number or call me at(###) ###-#### ***** Thank you in advance for your follow-through. Be well, Nino
ok I will give you a call on my way home.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I never received a call. Again my Cell(###) ###-#### If when you call you get my V.M. because I'm on the other line, then please leave me time's you are avail. along with your number. Thank you in advance for your follow through. Be well, Nino
Hi, I'm sorry for not getting ahold of you...I did try to call but I didn't get an answer. I will try again tonight.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you get V.M. please leave your number and times you are avail.