Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

1999 Camry 3.0 speedometer not working and tail lights out

Customer Question

1999 Camry 3.0 speedometer not working and tail lights out are they connected
JA: Working tail lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All other gauges are working directional a are still working also
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have a manual so location of fuse and witch one would be helpful
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thanks for postingI don't think they are on the same circuit but let's see if we can get the tail lights working and go from there.There is a plastic cover on the left lower dash, the fuses are labeled inside the cover, match the diagram with the fuses and check or replace the fuse marked "TAIL', let me know if this worked.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fuses are ok
Thanks , do you have a 12 volt test light or voltmeter? we need to check voltage at the rear sockets. By the way do the front park/marker lights work?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 3rd brake light works
Brake lights are mot on the same circuit as the tail lights, let me ask again about the front parking lights, are they working?