Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My security switch button is broken and it will not let my

Customer Question

My security switch button is broken and it will not let my car start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My security on my key is broken and will not turn off and the car want start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I'm trying to by pass the alarm to start my car
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thanks for posting your question hereI may be able to help get your cart started but I need some basic information:What year is it?What model is it?Do you have the remote? Is there a light flashing on the dash or on the bottom edge of the dash?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already got it started
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much did y'all charge me for waiting so long
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello are y'all there
Yes, I just saw your response, the site charges you whatever deposit they asked up front, since you figured it out yourself you can request a refund.