Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My check engine light and trac off light both came on... I'm

Customer Question

My check engine light and trac off light both came on... I'm wondering what caused this?
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I want to make sure it is okay for me to drive it home with my children.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning it off and on, driving about a block to see if they would go off. I've tried pushing the trac botton (I think)...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I just had it to have it jump started.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?Anyway you can get it scanned and get me the codes?With the info I have so far its looking like a possible wheel speed sensor issue. So if its running fine and the steering and brakes work, then you should be fine to make the trip home. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The lights are now off. I think they must have come on because I had to have a jump start. I was afraid if I drove it I would ruin the engine, but I drove it home, 5 miles and the next trip I went to take no lights were on. :)
Glad you got it resolved.