Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Toyata Avalon 2007 and my security alarm keeps going

Customer Question

i have a Toyata Avalon 2007 and my security alarm keeps going off and i want to disengage Blinking red on panel with key in center
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. When you say the alarm is going off are you saying the vehicle is off and parked then the horn and lights start pulsing?Will the vehicle start and drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car does start and drive, its when i turn it off the alarm will go off until i put key i ignition, i have to disconnect the battery cable so alarm won't go off
So when you turn the key off the alarm immediately goes off prior to removing the key and opening the door?The horn is honking and exterior lights are flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a loud alarm will just suddenly go off without key in ignition and will only go off when key is put in. Red car outline with key in the middle will be flashing on dashboard and even when key is not even in ignition.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to get alarm to stop going off with out key in the ignition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, when on turn the key on the alarm goes off. if key is not in the ignition and I'm in the house it will start to go off about ! hr later and keep beeping until i put the key in and start it up. whats up i thought i was contacting somebody who could fix this. i think I'm explaining this pretty clearly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
come buddy help me fix this
Thanks for the details. What is happening is the perimeter anti theft system is going off. It thinks someone is trying to break into the vehicle. The security system has noticed a fluctuation in the vehicles power. It thinks someone has broken hte glass and has tried to reach in and open the door. While driving have you ever noticed the door ajar light coming on for no reason or the courtesy lights coming on with all the doors closed? This would indicate a possible door ajar switch to blame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already checked all doors , windows, how do I disconnect