Ase Master
Ase Master, Tech
Experience:  Ase Master tech

It's my mothers 98 Toyota corrol. Her alarm keeps going off.

Customer Question

it's my mothers 98 Toyota corrol. Her alarm keeps going off. I think it is after market as it has a toggle switch. this happened once before and I was able to flip toggle switch and it went off. now it is going off again everu time she gets into car and lights stay on. I'm heading over now but need some advice.
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, either turn off or disable
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: asked her to turn key on and play with toggle switch
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: she did rear end someone 2 years ago and the hood doesn't close properly although it has been ok to drive since then
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ase Master replied 5 months ago.
Ok most likely the control.unit is bad do you just want to remove the control unit and get rid of the alarm?