Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Toyota Celica: My sons 2001 Toyota Celica GT. Had a dead battery

Customer Question

My sons 2001 Toyota Celica GT. Had a dead battery so we replaced it. After we changed the battery my son started the car and it started right up. But at that point he says we get issues. He said he couldn't put it in gear the shifter was locked and would not come out of park. He also said he has no dash lights, turn signals, the tachometer doesn't work, the Windows and locks don't work. We also have no radio, heat or air. This seems unlikely its that many fuses. Do you have any suggestions for me.
Thanks,
Chip
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Anything unusual when the battery was replaced such as sparking at the cables and battery?

Also, I need to pull the schematics, so I will need the 17 digit vin number

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
JTDDR32T010104182
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, you need to check the 120amp main fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. If this blow it will cause all the current problems

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?