tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

2002 Toyota Highlander. Car starts and can move gear lever

Customer Question

2002 Toyota Highlander. Car starts and can move gear lever but transmission remains in neutral
Category: Toyota
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 10 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
will it shift to park?des park hold the car?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It will shift to any gear but feels "loose" Don't know if park will hold car as doesn't engage
oksorry,i was offlineit would seem that your shift cable has broken and will need to be replaced
Parts InformationOEM Part #PriceShift Cable4 SpeedShift Control Cable3382048060 $350.25Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandardReplace 4 SpeedB0.91.4
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].www.dropbox.com/s/6rju1ozdsa3ji7g/0505-HIGHLANDER-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rju1ozdsa3ji7g/0505-HIGHLANDER-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help