Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a new basic 2016 Camry. Yesterday I noticed a blinking

Customer Question

I have a new basic 2016 Camry. Yesterday I noticed a blinking light on the dash under the radio and finally located the icon in the manual. It is for the engine immobilizer system. Does it always blink after the key is removed and I just haven't noticed it? I've tried reinserting the key at which the light goes off, but every time I remove it, it starts blinking again.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,That is entirely normal and nothing to be concerned about. Now if the light flashes when you insert the key and turn to on position instead of going off, then there is a fault in the immobilizer system. The blinking when the key is removed lets you know that the immobilizer system is activated and is in theft protection mode at that point Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks