Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L had a cracked exhaust manifold. I can't

Customer Question

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L had a cracked exhaust manifold. I can't stand the noise
it makes when I take off :( I replaced it with an after market manifold still making noise. it didn't come with locking nuts. so now I've ordered some and we shall see any suggestions? this is my first Toyota John r.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry your having trouble with your Toyota. I will try to help. May I ask have you looked to make sure where the noise is coming from now that you replaced the manifold? Is it at the connection at the head? Or could another connection be at fault now as well? What kind of gasket did you use on the head side? Also if you can when its cold, start it up and start right away feeling around the exhaust starting at the head and working your way back to the muffler to see if there are any other leaks as well. I'm guessing there are not as you would of mentioned that the noise was coming from else where but I just want to make sure.
Let me know so I can continue to help.
Thanks
Sonny
Let me know the type of gasket used as well.