Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The bright lights don't work when you push the switch back

Customer Question

The bright lights don't work when you push the switch back for them to stay on bright
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told you. The bright lights don't work when you push the switch back for them to stay on. They work if you just pull the switch dorward
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bought new switch, checked fuses and relays.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I don't guess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, and model?Since the dimmer switch is new the outlook is so far on wiring or a connector issue. Once I know the vehicle I can research this better. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
02 Toyota celica
This is one confusing circuit, so we need to do some testing. Can you command the high beams on and unplug the left high beam and tell me what is missing. Power on the red/yellow or ground on the red/black?Below is the diagram I am using.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris