Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

DVD player broke because we put 2 disk in and they got stuck

Customer Question

DVD player broke because we put 2 disk in and they got stuck . Then tried to take apart and got them out but now won't play. It is roof version. Can we find a used one somewhere or get repaired?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I told my local dealer and they said they could order new one but it was really expensive. Never even tried to fix.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: 2006 excellent vehicle 117,000 miles, beige DVD player behind roof skylight.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Toyota.What model Toyota are we working on?Ate there any numbers on the front of the DVD player to help identify the model?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 sequoia - I will check for number
ok let me know
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No number but I sent 2 photos if that will help.
Are you wanting to pull this one out and send it in for repair?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can but I hoped you could advise me of repair man here or where to buy used one. What would it costs to have you repair? Where are you located?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am in conway southcarolina
Well, I looked online and couldn't find a good used/Salvage one. I do know of a a repair service that quite a few manufactuerers use for their devices. What you could do is pull it out (or have your mechanic do it) and send it to the same service the Dealers use. Here is the site.Does this make sense?