mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Neither of the door keys turn anymore on my 1996 camry. How

Customer Question

Neither of the door keys turn anymore on my 1996 camry. How do I change lock cylinder?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is really it. I need new lock cylinders in both doors. I tried getting a dealer key cut from vin, but that key didnt work either
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I am pretty handy.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than the dealer key.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qYs8TUgUg the above is a video of the replacement procedure for the lock cylinder. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating. both sides are similar.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is different than my 1996 camry. I have power locks and windows.
the procedure for the cylinder will be basically the same. the only difference is the power window regulator.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like instructions with power window regulator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpPfZOKSiY here is another one and this one has power windows if that would be all i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.