Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The turn signals and emergency flashers have both stopped working.

Customer Question

The turn signals and emergency flashers have both stopped working. i have replaced the fuses even though they looked fine. head lights, tail lights, and break lights all work.
JA: Working tail lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: not much more to say. when using the turn signal i hear the initial click but nothing more happens. No turn signal lights front or back. no emergency flashers front or back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if at all possible, yes
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1999 camry 4cyl
I see thanks. That could be in the turn signal switch or the flasher. The tests would have to be done to determine exactly where the problem is..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. i will take it in to be looked at.
You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.