Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Toyota Avalon: I have a 2015 Avalon with 2000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Avalon with 2000 miles on it. Yesterday I tried to start it and it made a horrible noise and would not start. They tell me at Toyota in Elko Nevada that they are going to take 3 hours to charge the battery. I guess they don't have another battery. I have had dead batteries before and they don't make a horrible noise. I am aware that they has a machine they can hook up to my car and see what the problem is, why won't they use it. I would think they would start with the ignition and if not the problem try the starter. I have to wait 3 hours to see if it is a dead battery. I am not a dumb female, I know when there is a problem you solve it by starting with A then B then C. Not CBA. My emailis shih_tzu@ frontiernet.net. Look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,They should be able to test the battery to see if its okay and if its test okay and just needs a charge it would not take 3 hours to do so. A good battery will charge in about 15 to 20 minutes enough to at least test the starting system. With out being there to hear the noise your hearing I would suspect you may have a starter concern. This should be easy enough check with a charged battery. Seems to me like there simply just stalling you, for what reason I do not know.