Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Toyota Avalon: I have a 2015 Avalon with 2000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Avalon with 2000 miles on it. Yesterday I tried to start it and it made a horrible noise and would not start. They tell me at Toyota in Elko Nevada that they are going to take 3 hours to charge the battery. I guess they don't have another battery. I have had dead batteries before and they don't make a horrible noise. I am aware that they has a machine they can hook up to my car and see what the problem is, why won't they use it. I would think they would start with the ignition and if not the problem try the starter. I have to wait 3 hours to see if it is a dead battery. I am not a dumb female, I know when there is a problem you solve it by starting with A then B then C. Not CBA. My emailis shih_tzu@ Look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,They should be able to test the battery to see if its okay and if its test okay and just needs a charge it would not take 3 hours to do so. A good battery will charge in about 15 to 20 minutes enough to at least test the starting system. With out being there to hear the noise your hearing I would suspect you may have a starter concern. This should be easy enough check with a charged battery. Seems to me like there simply just stalling you, for what reason I do not know.