Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

My Sienna suddenly overheated tonight. When I raised the hood,

Customer Question

My Sienna suddenly overheated tonight. When I raised the hood, neither of the electric fans were on. I was hoping this would be an easy, quick, (Cheap??) fix--relay-fuse, etc. was looking to see how to check and fix
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Lord yes!
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: The oil was overfilled about two years ago. noticed drop in performance but could not afford major repairs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello 1st thing to check is if the fans come on when you turn on the ACAs it could be the cooling fan ECU (located behind the grill and wired directly to the fans), but check the 50A fuse powering it, and the fan relay first. If the fans fail to operate only with the AC, but do come on in normal hot engine conditions, then the fuse and relays are fine - it's a command problem at the ECU also check that there's nothing jamming the fans up
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you