Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

I can floor the accelerator but the engine does not rev. JA:

Customer Question

I can floor the accelerator but the engine does not rev.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006 Toyota Tundra V8. Truck starts fine. Drives in traffic ok but when I accelerate the truck goes nowhere. I can floor the accelerator and the engine will not increase revs.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Everything else, AC / Transmission seems to run fine.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating... *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel...…Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged. . . If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
a mechanic told me that the computer had to be reset. Is this possible?
I see, thanks. Not if it runs good but just has no power when trying to accelerate but are there any trouble codes setting?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will take the truck today to have it diagnosed for trouble codes. I will check with you as soon as they give them to me.
Okay, thanks