mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

My car won't start. It's a 2004 Toyota Avalon. Haven't had

Customer Question

My car won't start. It's a 2004 Toyota Avalon. Haven't had any recent problems up until today
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I crank the car to start it dies out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried to replace the spark plugs but I'm only able to reach the 3 in the front
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I don't believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
try unplugging the mass air flow sensor on the air box and starting the vehicle if it starts then your sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.