Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2011 tacoma and I got the p0704 code today. this vehicle

Customer Question

i have a 2011 tacoma and I got the p0704 code today. this vehicle is an automatic.
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak code like it's their native tongue. They're great at getting to the bottom of things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it code p0704 but its an automatic transmision
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe if it not to difficult
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no it runs fine and sifts fine but sometimes the gear select is a little stiff
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Tacoma.What brand scantool are you using? The P0704 code doesn't come up under a 2011 Tacoma.