Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Our 2010 Prius would not shut off properly and it would not

Customer Question

Our 2010 Prius would not shut off properly and it would not start back up. There is a light humming sound coming from driver side engine next to windshield. There is a light on the panel that looks like a red lock that keeps flashing No problems or warnings and then it just acted up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: probably not. Just want to know if it is something simple or do I need it towed in.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Had the oil changed at Toyota this week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This will involve a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.This may be an issue with low voltage as I have seen in some cases with a battery needing re charged or replaced.This will have to be tested further to locate and repair the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete