Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

I have a Toyota Camry LE 2005. The cigarette lighter stopped

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Camry LE 2005. The cigarette lighter stopped working. We replaced the fuse and that didn't change anything. Don't know how to pop the cigarette lighter out of the dash so we can either replace or take a look at it. Can you tell me how to do that?
JA: Fuses can be tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics here are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My son and boyfriend have been looking at it but can't figure out how to get the dash out of the way to pull it out.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Everything else is working fine. I use the cigarette lighter to plug my Sirius Radio into so haven't been able to use that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up a small PDF file to show how to remove the cigarette lighter assembly. Download the PDF file here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/5agshwxfks50vx4/cam-cig.pdf?dl=0 If my answer has helped you, please do the right thing and rate or accept my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
..