Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My radio and clock have no power, also power point/cig lighter.

Customer Question

my radio and clock have no power, also power point/cig lighter. all i did was replace a fuse. it is a 2009 matrix
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As i said, we replaced a fuse and now my car clock and my radio will not come on. Also the cig lighter/ power charger isn't working either. Did the anti theft device think the car was being stolen or is it a fuse issue.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: unhooked battery and rehooked it hoping to reset what made the radio etc stop working. searched
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Searched the owners manuel for answers too.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Should only be a fuse. Do you have a voltmeter or 12 volt testlight?