Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I am trying to locate the relay fuse AC compressor

Customer Question

I am trying to locate the relay fuse for the AC compressor in my 2008 toyota avalon
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The clutch in the AC compressor is not engaging
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done research and purchased Freon. I believe the clutch is not engaging as the Freon levels are very low.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Everything else is working as normal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have attached an image of my fuse box.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The AC fuse is in the panel under the dash, on the left side; it would be the 4th one from the left/bottom row. This is a 7.5 amp fuse. The AC Compressor clutch relay is the grey box at the top of your picture.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it the grey box on the left or right?
the AC relay is the small box between the purple box (on the left) and the light blue box (on the right)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
perfect. Thank you
You are very welcome. Glad to help. A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.