Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Coolant leaked out of electric motor coolant system and battery

Customer Question

Coolant leaked out of electric motor coolant system and battery wont charge
JA: Coolant leaks can be frustrating and tough to diagnose. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Traffic accident damaged front end including coolant systems and now main battery wont charge but car will start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No coolant foe engine or electric motor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.
hello, it's hard for me to tell what exactly the problem is since as you said it was in a frontal collision, the ac/dc inverter charges the main battery back up, it may have been damaged in the accident, there is coolant circulating in it from the electric pump. Can you upload a good picture of the accident damage with the hood open?Has a professional either body repair or mechanic looked at this yet?