Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When I press the AC button, the AC light on the dash comes

Customer Question

When I press the AC button, the AC light on the dash comes on and stays on until I press it again, but the compressor does not kick in and (of course) it does not cool.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, other than looking to make sure there's a belt on the compressor.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: The cruise control doesn't work either although, just like the AC, the Cruise light on the dash does come on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad clutch coil on the front of the compressor, have you checked for power at the clutch, when its turned on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I haven't.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.
can yiu check it?